Hydrogen has long been hyped as a fuel of the future. It’s abundant and its waste product is water. But it’s only recently that the availability of cheap renewable energy has allowed hydrogen to be produced competitively without the use of fossil fuels.
Azeem Azhar speaks with Raffi Garabedian, co-founder and CEO of Electric Hydrogen, to explore the market opportunity and roadmap to wide adoption of “green hydrogen.”
They also discuss:
- What the hydrogen industry can learn from scaling renewables like solar and wind.
- Why hydrogen will be most effective in helping to decarbonize heavy industries.
- The potential of using hydrogen to store and transport huge amounts of renewable energy between continents.
- Venture Capital and Deep Decarbonisation with Shayle Kann (Exponential View Podcast 2022)
- Could Europe replace Russian gas with green hydrogen? Let’s look at the numbers (Recharge 2022)
- The Future of Hydrogen (International Energy Agency 2020)